Dear Families of Eighth Graders,
Congratulations! Your scholar will soon graduate from Citizens Leadership Academy and matriculate to high school. We are excited that so many of our students have been accepted to the most selective schools in the area. Moreover, each student has worked with me to select a high school program that aligns with his or her interests and desired school culture.
I wanted to share the details for this year’s graduation ceremony. Graduation will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, May 31st at the University Circle United Methodist Church at the corner of Euclid Avenue and East 107. This is the place where CLA began; the church provided office space to start our school and would have provided classroom space for the first year had Breakthrough not found our Lamont Avenue location.
Invitations will be issued by the middle of next week, but we wanted to give you the particulars ahead of time:
- Each family will receive five invitations to graduation.
- Graduation rehearsal will be held on Thursday, May 30th (time TBD) at the church. Attendance at graduation rehearsal is mandatory.
- Students who misbehave during graduation rehearsal or are suspended during the week of graduation will lose the privilege of walking at graduation.
- Students who are at risk of not graduating have received notice under separate cover.
- Graduation attire is dress slacks for boys and dress slacks or dresses for girls, but all students will be wearing caps and gowns which will be passed out the day of graduation. Scholars should wear comfortable dress shoes; girls who have heeled shoes should bring them to the rehearsal and practice walking in them.
- There will be a brief reception after the graduation ceremony in the front lobby of the church.
- We will have a photographer on hand who will take a photo of each scholar as he or she gets her diploma; photographs will be available for purchase during the reception.
- Students will be required to be at graduation to get their gowns and line up by 8:45 a.m.
- We will email and send a robo call with parking details in the near future.
We look forward to seeing you at graduation.
CLA Counselor and Transition Coordinator
cc: Sydney Gruhin, CLA Administration, and the Eighth Grade Team