Dear CLA families,
It is hard to believe that we are in the middle of the third week of school! Progress reports will be coming home with students on Friday. On the progress report, you will see the breakdown grade percentage between mastery (75%) and habits of leadership (25%). Progress reports are just what the name says – a snapshot of where your child stands every two/three weeks. They are NOT report cards, but rather, they are “heads up” before report cards come out at the end of each trimester. As you review your scholar’s grades, if you have any questions, you are encouraged to contact your child’s teacher for the class in question, as he or she is your primary touchstone for that class.
We want to thank you for a smooth start to the school year. As a reminder students who are in the building (without after school activities/detention) at 4:00 (1:30 on Fridays) will be escorted to the MLK library. We will call you before leaving the building so that you are aware. We appreciate this transition and continuing to support us in creating a safe environment through the end of the day. Additionally, a few reminders regarding student culture:
- Students are not permitted to be on bikes on school property, if they choose to ride a bike they will need to secure it outside of the building (this is not recommended).
- Students are not permitted to wait on the playground for parents to pick them up, there isn’t school staff and we need to ensure our students are always in safe environments.
- If a student is caught using their cell phone it will be turned in to the deans and you (the parent/guardian) will need to pick it up.
- Only solid black, white, gray and purple cardigans and sweatshirts are permitted to be worn in the building.
Lastly, a reminder about some upcoming events:
- After School Clubs – Begin on Tuesday, September 3. Please see the roster here, to check if your scholar is participating. There are still open spots in many clubs, if you are interested please complete the clubs sign up form. There are NO clubs on Wednesday due to Curriculum Night.
- Curriculum Night– Wednesday, September 4 at 5 p.m. Due to unforeseen technical issues, we have pushed back our iPad roll out (new date below!). You will have the chance to meet with your child’s teachers and learn about the curriculum for the year.
- PAC (Parent Advisory Committee) meeting/VILS Rollout Event – Tuesday, September 24 at 5 p.m. (all other dates are below). At 5:45 we will start the iPad roll out, please make sure that you complete all paperwork and pay the $20 tech fee prior to Wednesday in order to check out your iPad.
Have a safe and enjoyable long weekend!
Sydney S. Gruhin, Principal
PAC meetings are held in the school gym at 5:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of most months:
Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Dec. 3, Jan. 28, Mar. 17, Apr. 21