Dear new CLA family,
We look forward to getting to know you and your scholar as we prepare for your first year at Citizens Leadership Academy. School starts on Monday, August 12, but there are a few things you can do to prepare:
1. Come to CLA and get your summer reading book and packet and summer STEM packet. The book for 6th grade is The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis, and it is an intriguing book about Parvana, an Afghani girl with great moral courage. The 7th and 8th grade each have books to read that relate to the first unit! Our school office is open from 8:00 to 4:00 Monday through Thursday, and you can come any time during those hours. (We are closed for two weeks from June 24 to July 8.)
2. When you come to get your summer work, you can also purchase your uniform shirts; they are approximately $10.00 each and come in black and purple. You can also purchase these when you come to orientation.
3. ALL FAMILIES must attend a Mandatory Family Orientation Session to learn about our policies for everything from homework to dress code to after-school sports and clubs and discipline. You can choose from three sessions:
- Thursday, July 18 at 5:30 with a light pizza supper
- Saturday, July 27 at 11:00 with a light brunch
- Tuesday, July 30 at 5:30 with a light pizza supper
Please RSVP to Ms. Pratt or Ms. Hughes for one of these sessions by calling 216.229.8185 between 8:00 and 4:00 Monday through Thursday.
4. If your scholar has an IEP or a 504 Plan, please let us know so we can be sure to get these records from your scholar’s previous school.
Once again, I am looking forward to getting to know your scholar and your family. Please reach out with any specifics, and feel free to come and tour the school if you have not done so yet!
Sydney Gruhin Principal